The Selection of Universities
Education abroad is not just about surfing the internet, filing the application forms and sending students to the universities of their choice. The admission to a foreign university is a multifarious process that leads to a lot of queries, issues, and formalities that need to be looked into, understood, completed and followed through. Even a smallest mistakes or an error in the application process can lead to rejection.
The selection of universities is the first step for applying to universities abroad. You can apply to three to eight universities depending upon your interest, time and resources available. Though academic scores should be the main factor in the selection of Universities, other important factors to be considered are cost of tuition fee, location, job prospects, research work etc. For MS and PhD programs, research is the foundation of education. You‘ll need to identify your research interests and match them with the universities and faculties/ professors carrying research in those areas. The focus has to be laid on your eligibility into the particular program at the university in making the final selection. If you have an average academic scores and a not so high GRE score, it makes sense to apply in medium ranked universities.
Taking admission in a university abroad is a tough call. One needs adequate guidance, knowledge and information about the university admission processes unique to that university and the country. At Jay Maharaj Edu Focus (P) Ltd (JME) we make every possible effort to make student’s admission process in an international university simple and smooth. We thoroughly work on students' applications, elaborating on strengths and explanation of weaknesses. We also guide the student towards preparing a top quality Statement of Purpose (SOP).
At Jay Maharaj Edu Focus (P) Ltd (JME) we assess the student’s English skills and send our suggestions/recommendations to select Universities for admission. We follow up with the selected Universities to help a speedy and positive response.
Adequate presentation and documentation of the error-free application usually acts as the deciding factor for student getting the Offer Letter or not.
At Jay Maharaj Edu Focus (P) Ltd (JME) we follow the following procedure for admission:
• Provide the students with the Application Form.
• Make students understand the procedure of filling up the form.
• Provide the details of the documents required.
• Preparing the written documents: SOP (Statement of Purpose), RECO (Recommendation Letter), Resumes.
• Prepare all the sealed and rightly addressed Envelope packets.
• Sending the application online or via post.
• Tracking delivery of your application to University/college.
We will make sure
Your area of interest, academic scores, test scores viz GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, financial budgets and preferred location are the major factors in selecting universities for you.
- Tuition of the university is taken in to consideration and preference is given to one with the tuition fee that matches you budget.
- University offering financial support is given more preference than the university which offers less financial support.
- University offering variety of majors is the preference rather than the smaller university as there is a chance for On campus jobs and Graduate Assistant ship in a bigger campus.
- Preference is given to university located in urban areas rather than rural locations as the chances of internships are more in urban areas.
- University with campus diversity if given preference.
- Other factors include safety and cost of living.
- VISA issues based on a feedback of international students have been taken as a factor.
- University with regional accreditation or federal accreditation is given preference.